Mobile is here in a big way. We’ve known this was coming, but who knew how how fast it was going to dominate the online marketplace! In the last three years, the growth of mobile–it’s use by just about everyone for just about everything related to online engagement–has literally exploded. The time for your website to be optimized for mobile is now. If it isn’t, you’re losing customers and clients–there is just no way around the facts.
If your website isn’t mobile ready, people won’t stick around and wait for you to get on board. They’ll just go to your competitor’s website and engage there, because your competitors made sure their websites are mobile friendly.
Ask yourself honestly if your your website is ready for your mobile audience. If not, you’re losing them. The fact is, they have and are continuing to migrate away from their desktop devices to mobile–nearly all of them. In droves. It’s happening with or without you.
Business–especially online business–constantly evolves. For your business to be healthy and competitive, it needs to stay current. This is true on and offline. So how do you know if your website is mobile ready? If your design and content adjusts (and looks good) on a desktop computer, tablet, smartphone, or any other device browser and your most important information is clear from the top, then it is mobile optimized. If it not, then it’s not mobile friendly.
Some of you may have seen these statistics before, but many of you haven’t so I want to share them with you because it is so important to your business. If you’re still unsure about whether or not to upgrade your website, consider the following (most of these statistics and more are compiled in Jamie Turner’s slideshare presentation 50 Amazing Facts About Mobile):
- 91% of adults keep their smartphones within arms reach 24/7 (Morgan Stanley)
- Of the 6.8 billion people on the planet, 4 Billion own mobile phones (60 Second Marketer)
- 25% of Americans use only mobile devices to access the Internet (GoMoNews)
- Over 82% of U.S. adults own a cellphone (Pew Research)
- A smartphone user study consisting of 5,000 US adults found 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to ACTION, and more than half lead to SALES (Google)
- In 2014, the Smartphone became Most Viewed Device, surpassing TV, Laptop and PC. (2014 Internet Trends Report)
- There are 5x as many smartphones in the world as desktop computers (ImpigerMobile)
- Global mobile data traffic GREW 81% in 2013 and an 18x increase is predicted through 2016 (Cisco)
- There are 271 Million mobile subscribers in the U.S. alone (60 Second Marketer)
- 90% of text messages are read within 3 minutes of being delivered (ImpigerMobile)
Because your website is your most critical business communication tool, as online communication evolves, your website must evolve with it. Designing and developing a website for your business is not a one shot deal–it’s an ongoing and integral part of your business that must be maintained and kept current in the same way your physical business location requires upkeep.
If you need help determining whether or not your website is mobile ready, or if you know it needs to be optimized for mobile and need help, reach out to me for a free consultation to learn how I can help.
By the Way… If you like what you read today, you’ll love this post: Popular Web Design Trend Parallax Scrolling: Essential Considerations Before You Design!